Nachos… Satisfying and filling when they are done really well and disastrously pathetic when made without love, care and a bit of a stinge when it comes to the ingredients. Well, in our house things are never done half way. Especially when it comes to food, it’s all or nothing. Oh that meal serves four? It probably won’t, it will serve two without any leftovers.
But anyway, back to Nachos, these are my Double Decker Nachos that can be eaten all year round, ideally in front of the TV while binge-watching something on Netflix (have tissues at ready as it gets messy). They are better than your average nachos because they have two layers of everything and basically you’ll never have a chip without any dip.
Serves 2 (as a main) or more as a sharing platter:
- 200g Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips
- 200g Chicken Breast torn into small-ish pieces (you can either buy a pack or use leftovers from the dinner before?)
- 200g Coarsely Grated Cheddar
- Handful of Jalapenos
- Tex Mex Mix
- 1 large, very flat plate
- On a large plate layout half the chips, followed by half the chicken, few jalapenos and half the cheddar. There you go, that’s the layer 1 done.
- Repeat the same process to create the layer number 2.
- Whack in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Keep an eye on it, microwave power varies and you do have a lot of stuff on your plate. You don’t want to overcook the cheese but you want to make sure that it’s melted.
- Once the cheese is melted, pile on Tex Mex mix and enjoy.
- Use your hands, don’t pretend that you are better than everyone else.
It’s the easiest thing to do, just be very generous with your ingredients and you’ll end up with cheese dripping, mouth-watering nachos on your plate.