My ultimate go-to when I feel a little bit lazy, a little bit poor (hello, 2 days before payday) and I want something light but still exciting for dinner. They are definitely not the healthiest things in the world but mayonnaise in the recipe can be easily replaced with natural yoghurt (ha!) and all the colourful veggies and crispy lettuce makes it that tiny bit more exciting to eat.
These Tuna Lettuce Boats can be consumed as a main or they can be a nice addition to your meal and serve as a side. If you want to enjoy with carbs then forget about lettuce and mix it in with pasta. You will love it, I promise.
- 3 Tins of Tuna in Brine, drained
- 4 TBSP Mayonnaise
- 1 TSP Dijon Mustard
- Dash of Balsamic Vinegar
- Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cucumber, diced
- 3 Spring Onions, chopped
- 1 Roasted Jar Pepper, sliced (still obsessed with these)
- 2 Gem Lettuces leaves separated
- In a large bowl mix together Tuna, Mayonnaise, Mustard, Vinegar, Black Pepper, Spring Onions and Cucumber. Mix really well, taste for seasoning
- Lay out lettuce leaves on a large plate and spoon in Tuna mixture on top
- Garnish with sliced Peppers
- You are done. That’s it. Honestly. How long did that take?
Enjoy this with a crisp white wine or some nice home made lemonade (to go with the whole healthy theme).