This one is one of my favourites recipes that my mum used to make for special occasions and celebrations. Russians love hosting and Russians love cooking far more than needs to so after every celebration we had a lot of leftovers and this spread tastes even better the next day. Please note, this is not a main meal and this is definitely not something to enjoy on a date night (at least not on first few).
Ingredients below will make enough for a starter to serve 4 people:
- 200g cheddar, finely grated
- 2 hard boiled eggs, coarsely grated
- 5 garlic cloves, finely minced/grated
- 3 tbsp Heinz Seriously Good Mayonnaise
- Black pepper
- 5-6 large slices of toasted/fried/George’d sour dough bread
- Mix cheese, eggs, garlic and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Stir through well
- Top off with a sprinkling of black pepper
- Cut up bread slices into smaller chunks, lay the spread on top and enjoy!
Best enjoyed with a shot of ice cold vodka (of course!)