Delicious AF. That’s all you need to know. I pretty much took the best things in the world and put them in one pot to turn them into the sexiest food creation.
To serve 2 starved drinking adults you’ll need:
- 200g pasta of your choice, fresh or otherwise
- 100g sliced chorizo
- 300g cooked seafood(because I can’t risk a sea food poisoning)
- 4-5 cloves of grated garlic
- Sprinkling of dried chilli
- Black pepper
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Olive oil
- 150g grated Parmigiano Reggiano(the more the merrier)
- 100g finely diced mushrooms of your choice
So the idea is to make Cacio E Pepe but use chorizo as your base and use sea food instead of pancetta.
- Boil pasta as per instructions in chicken stock and add a bit of olive to keep it from sticking(forgot to do it with mine, ended up with a lump of pasta)
- Fry chorizo for a couple of minutes in a table spoon of olive oil and then season it with chilli and garlic, fry for further 2 minutes
- Add mushrooms and A LOT of pepper, fry for further 2 minutes
- Add pre cooked seafood and fry for further 5-6 minutes for seafood to lock in the flavour(add more pepper if you feel like it)
- Add cooked and drained pasta(make sure you save some of chicken stock water in a cup)
- Bit by bit start adding grated cheese and make it melt(mmmm) once all the cheese is melted, add chicken stock spoon by spoon to make cheese even meltier and creamier(yeah, meltier is a word)
- Top off with even more pepper and serve. Best eaten fresh! (don’t make enough for leftovers)
Wash it down with a refreshing white or a warm hearty glass of red. Or your favourite beer, if you know it will work!(My bet is on IPAs and crisp lagers).